Part-Time Teller (Las Cruces Branch)
Position: Part-Time Teller
Department: Branch Operations
Location: Las Cruces Branch (Las Cruces, NM)
To apply for this position, download and complete an application. Email your completed application to: LC_Jobs@onesourcefcu.coop
Download an Application
Position Purpose: Provides a variety of paying and receiving functions, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashier’s checks, travelers checks, money orders, and cash advances. Balances each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs specific assigned side-jobs and assists other tellers with a variety of duties as required. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
- Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of Teller functions.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments in person or by mail.
- Processes cash advances, traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks, money orders, government bonds and similar transactions.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals in person, by telephone, or by mail.
- Processes transfers.
- Processes assigned transactions and balances at the end of each day. Receives and processes payroll deduction starts, stops, and increases.
- Verifies transactions. Monitors deposit amounts, and examine documents for endorsement and negotiability.
- Verifies phone numbers and addresses with members to ensure we have accurate information.
- Performs drive-up teller and night drop functions as assigned.
- Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Notifies the collection department when a member has gone beyond their 15 day grace period, does not allow any member transactions without collectors or managements approval.
- Represents the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assists in processing of share draft reports, NSF report, balancing traveler’s checks and money orders.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
- Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved.
- Operates on-line teller terminal. Provides in person, by telephone, or by mail, such information as members may authorize concerning their account status.
- Ensures that all members are informed of Credit Union services and policies including eligibility for membership, types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services and information.
- Maintains privacy of member account information.
- Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
- Attends meetings and training as required.
- Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Cross-sells Credit Union services.
- Ensures that work area is clean, well maintained, and secure.
- Performs related clerical duties as required.
- Teller functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- Monies are balanced and any discrepancies promptly resolved. A balancing record that meets established standards is maintained.
- Good business relations exist with members. Members' problems or questions are courteously and promptly resolved.
- Good working relationships and coordination exist with area personnel and with management. Assistance is provided to other Tellers and staff as needed. Supervisors are appropriately informed of area activities.
- Required reports and records are accurate, complete, and timely.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
- Arrives at assigned work station at least 15 minutes prior to shift start.
High school graduate or equivalent. Required Knowledge: Knowledge of Teller policies and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
Six months cash handling experience. Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months.
- Good communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress, and attitude.
- Good math skills.
- Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone.
- Good typing skills.
Physical activities and requirements of this position:
- Talking - Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing - Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Finger Dexterity - Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Repetitive Motion - Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Average Visual Abilities - Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
- Physical Strength - Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
- Working Conditions - No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
Intent and Function of Job Descriptions:
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.